Career Opportunities @ Situated Research
National Account Manager: Software and Product Usability
Would you enjoy reaching out to software companies and engineering firms to help them make their products easier to use? Situated Research believes that usability is the key to successful software applications, which drives user satisfaction and market share. We deliver business solutions that offer clients highly usable, efficient and satisfying user experiences. Share your talents with us by joining us in the effort to make technology more user-friendly: we are seeking goal-oriented, results-driven B2B Account Managers that have a passion for powerful technology that's easy to use, and want to make a real difference by helping businesses improve their product.
About Situated Research
Situated Research provides usability research services to many Fortune 500 companies. Our worldwide clients include Sony, Electronic Arts, McDonald's, and Disney. Our experts conduct in-depth usability research to help companies improve the functionality, ease-of-use, and efficiency of their products and software. Client's ROI include happier customers, high productivity, larger market share, and reduced customer-support costs.
- Ability to gauge each customer's needs and wants, to help strategize powerful solutions
- Sell usability testing services to software firms, or engineering firms (an understanding of a related industry is needed)
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding assigned revenue quota (e.g., exceed quota of 3M+)
- Responsible for managing and growing territory, maximizing short term revenue, building future sales pipeline through demonstrated account and territory planning
- Ability to generate leads within new industries, build out from existing leads and market segments
- Ability to work with Situated Research management team in closing complex website development opportunities at the C-Level
- Capable of closing software contracts and services in the range of $30K-$1M
- Minimum 4+ years sales experience
- Previous experience in the software industry, or related industries such as engineering or ergonomics (human factors) is preferred
- Self-discipline, self-motivation and a positive attitude
- Bachelors Degree; bonus for Masters or other advanced degrees
- Knowledge of usability and a basic understanding of how to conduct research (helpful for strategizing with clients)
- Basic understanding of statistics and quantitative vs. qualitative research is preferred (basic training will be available)
- Strong business acumen and professionalism: leadership, accountability and self-starter qualities required
- Excellent customer focus, strong attention to detail and ability to operate in a dynamic sales organization required
- Quantifiable sales track record demonstrated by increasing responsibilities, growth in territory and quota
- Established contacts, rolodex and intimate knowledge of assigned territory. Must have established relationships and ability to network accordingly to generate new interest in target territory for product offerings
- Ability to effectively communicate customer needs to Situated Research's usability team
Primary Location: Naperville, IL
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Account Manager, Direct Sales, Usability Research, User Experience, Management, Manager, Sales, Software Usability Testing
Incentives: Earnings of $90k-250k, uncapped (training offered explaining Situated Research's competitive edge and proven sales techniques)
Contact / Apply
We want to hear about your sales experience and drive. Please send your resume and a description of some deals you've closed to email@example.com, with the job title in the subject line.
No calls or recruiting firms. U.S. candidates only.
The National Account Manager: Software and Product Usability sales position is officially provided by Situated Research, LLC.
Last updated 11/292012.
Situated Research, LLC, located in Naperville, Illinois, provides expert usability design and research services.